Today’s episode really hits home for me because I know for a fact that this is an obstacle people are trying to overcome. I know that this is an issue that may be holding you back from taking the action you want to take, the action you need to take.
Today, I’m talking about self esteem. It’s such an important, foundational, concept that’s necessary for achievement. I only talked about the effects of self esteem in this episode, I’m saving the “how to improve” for another episode. But listen, and take note of how these causes may be effecting you.
In This Episode You’ll Find Out
- The difference between self confidence and self esteem
- What it means to “rank” and why it could be hurting your self esteem
- What it means to “link” and how it can help your self esteem
- How your view of the world affects your self esteem
- What the quality and quantity of your relationships does to you
Questions to Ask Yourself
- In which relationships are you ranking? Which are you linking?
- Do you feel accepted by the people you spend time with?
- What public events, whether positive or negative, have affected your self esteem?
- What are the values of the people you spend time with?
- Are your important relationships in life improving, or declining?
- What are you beliefs and values in life? Do people agree with those beliefs and values? Are you living up to those beliefs and values?
Mentioned in This Episode
- Self Esteem vs. Self Confidence
- “Ranking and Linking for Better or Worse”
- “Willpower” by Roy F. Baumeister
As promised in today’s episode, I have a free gift I want to give to you. It’s my resources guide, “8 Killer Resources to Streamline Your Personal Development”. It’s a list of tools that I use on a regular basis to facilitate my growth and development.
To get that free gift, just fill out the form below.
I would really appreciate it if you could take a quick moment to leave a rating and review for the podcast in iTunes. The positive reviews help spread the word!